Main Menu

Bud Bomb Jars $3 at Caregrowers Cup ; March 29th, 2010, 08:11 AM

Started by Otishertz, March 07, 2011, 12:20:30 PM

Otishertz

:osmiley: Bud Bomb Jars $3 at Caregrowers Cup NEW POLL ;  March 29th, 2010, 08:11 AM       #1

Bomb Jars $3 at CG Cup

Empty Bud bomb style jars will be available for purchase at the Caregrowers cup for three dollars. All proceeds go to OGF.

Below are the available styles. Thanks to anyone who can chime in and tell me their two favorite designs. It helps me figure out what quantities to have on hand.

:ninja:

Otishertz

:osmiley: Help me optimize! ;  March 31st, 2010, 08:29 AM      #7

Thanks to XXXXXXXX y XXXXXX for helping.

Originally, I asked for folks to tell me their top two preferences thinking I would get more data points and a clear indication of which what quantities to make in each style.

These are all for the cup. The CGC logo is everyone's clear first choice. Without the option to make a second or third choice the purpose was defeated. I didn't think it entirely through. Was trying to save myself the time of tallying people's comments which was very illustrative. Then Backfire!

If you have an interest please vote again and this time choose two or three. If there are enough votes I can make them in the proportion indicated in the votes and more people will get the jar they want.

There will be about 130-140 total jars provided everything arrives on time.

:ninja:

Otishertz

:osmiley: Compare ;  March 31st, 2010, 08:39 AM      #8

You can already see the difference in the results. They are becoming more meaningful.

Here is the original poll to compare.

http://www.oregongreenfree.net/XXXXXX

I have done rudimentary inventory optimizations like this ten thousand times, always with prior sales data.

The ability to poll for preferences beforehand is a power I never had. Will be interesting to see how well it works out. It can only help.

Otishertz

:osmiley:           March 31st, 2010, 10:50 AM      #10

WHERE THE H@*L IS THE BUNNY ONE?
[/b]

How about a bug eyed bunny slipper constricted by entwined helix slurpent snakes with dog tongues wearing lobster bibs and holding soup spoons by the tails?

Otishertz

:osmiley:            March 31st, 2010, 11:53 AM      #12

Now we have nearly the same amount of voters as when the original poll was closed. The more normal distribution in the new results is closer to what you would see in a sales history report.

These bar charts are a graphical representation of the difference between the two questions:

Which one is your first choice?
Which are your favorite ones?

The second question is far more relevant to stocking a retail shelf. Better to know what people will chose on average than know only their first choice. People's choice in retail for spontaneous and inexpensive items is a very fickle thing. Minds change on the smallest detail. Most of the money I earned came from selling frivolous and nostalgic things nobody needed to booze soaked Midwesterners on the poor beach in South Florida. A little intel went a long way.

Otis Fun Fact:

I used to make $4500 a year selling "Fart Spray." Just that one little vulgar item in four years paid for my truck. It took up three inches of shelf space. 80% gross profit margin. Go figure.

Would have never thought to sell that but sales reports from my point of sale system told me drunken hicks from the Midwest wanted fart spray. They also liked farts in a cup, crapping pigs and cows, stink bombs, remote control whoopie cushions, fart detectors. You get the idea. If people from the Midwest represent the country then 'Merica wants a good fart joke.

Couldn't sell to the customer I wanted to have, had to sell to the people who were coming in the door. Learned to give the people what they want. Had I not I surely would have gone belly up and not made it all the way over here.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZHCVyllnck

Otishertz

:osmiley: JAr Breakdown ;  April 3rd, 2010, 09:22 AM      #16

Total Votes 93

Style ---- Percent Total ----# Made

CGC ---- 26.00% ---- 30
SmileyAnarchy ---- 15.00% ---- 20
Ele-Can ---- 12.00% ---- 16
7 ---- 13.00% ---- 17
Xploder ---- 10.00% ---- 13
PhosphoBitch ---- 8.00% ---- 10
SU Peacekeeper ---- 9.00% ---- 12