Main Menu

Otishertz Bud Bomb ; November 26th, 2009, 01:47 AM

Started by Otishertz, March 06, 2011, 09:43:48 PM

Otishertz

:headexplodes:  :bong:  :bong:  :bong:

This Otisgardens.com thread is a derivative of the original thread posted at the long defunct OGF site and only includes my posts in response to the giveaway there due to reasons at the time. The actual files from OGF are now included as PDF files at the end of this first post. You don't need to read any farther than this first post!!! Read those instead of this to see what really happened. If you were one of the recipients of one of these Bud Bombs I would love to hear your memories and experiences here.

:bong:  :bong:  :bong:  :headexplodes:

:osmiley: Otishertz Bud Bomb ;  November 26th, 2009, 01:47 AM ;  #1

:eek: Otishertz Bud Bomb :eek:
Thanksgiving Open Donation

Welcome to this first come first serve open donation. There are 40 available pocket sized jars with meds.

Here is the deal:

1. Before responding be sure you can pick up between 12pm Monday and 4pm Tuesday at Big Blue.
  2. This thread is the only place you will find information about this donation. Come here for updates and questions.
  3. Thanks to OGF for providing a safe, central place for patients to collect their donations. Do not call Big Blue for more information. All the information is here.
  4. If you accept this donation and have an outstanding med request please take it down.
  5. Names will be taken from this thread only.

Last time people really appreciated my small open donation so I decided to do it larger and grow a plant just for random strangers.

This time I also prepared little blue glass jars and made an old doodle into a sticker for the cap. They will make good travelers. There is more than twice the amount in each jar as there was in the small baggies last time.

Friends ask, "Why not just fill med requests? "

My take is there are lots of ways to donate. This way I can donate to the broader community. It grew out of an experience I had five months ago when I was starting out with my hand out and was cold told there were others with greater need. I readily agreed and I thanked the nice lady for straightening me out. She later gave me some G-13.

I thought on the reality of sorting needs and rating pain and decided I didn't want to do that. Let the adults do that.

All reasons for wanting this medicine are OK by me. Everyone is welcome to this open donation.

Bud Bomb!

All the best,

otis

The Goods:

40 little blue jars of Snow Tracks from my second crop in Oregon. The jars are 1.7 x 2".

Snow Tracks has hermie Trainwreck genetics and a strong mental effect. I have had a hard time describing the smell other than sweet orange lacquer but my nose may be insane.

ST will throw bananas in late bloom. Otherwise, ST was a healthy, fairly symmetrical, compact plant that was easy to trim and dried rapidly.

It grew in 5 gallon smart pots under two 600w HPS lamps with RO water and GH nutes. Neem and soap only for pest control.

Otishertz Bud Bomb - Oregon Green Free Forums - Oregons Premiere OMMP community..pdf

Otishertz

:osmiley: one more thing I forgot ;  November 26th, 2009, 02:12 AM ;  #3

Any unclaimed donations at 4pm Tuesday will go to the volunteers. :eek:

Otishertz

:osmiley: How about this? ;  November 26th, 2009, 02:19 AM      #5

I will thank people in this thread to let them know they are on the list. When I get to 40 I will stop thanking
.:thumbsup2:

Otishertz

:osmiley: The list is up to 17, 23 more to go! ;  November 26th, 2009, 09:16 AM      #24

23 more places are currently available on the list. Here are the names in the order they appeared in this thread.

Otishertz Bud Bomb List

{List Redacted}

Otishertz

:osmiley: yield ;  November 26th, 2009, 10:31 AM      #29

XXXXX,

I got about 4 liter jars out of that plant. I didn't weigh it.

Do you want to be on the list?:thumbsup2:

Otishertz

:osmiley Yield ;  November 26th, 2009, 10:53 AM      #31

For the harvest fest I weighed out 60g and that equaled two 3/4 liter jars or 1.5L. So if I had just under 4L of dried bud that equaled approximately 160 gram = 5.6 ounces.

I had a larger harvest with the following crop after putting one smart pot in another. I didn't cut or slit the inner pot but will on the next batch where I am putting a 2 in a 5 wedding cake style. 3 in a 7 probably would work well too. I have no experience with the larger pots but you should get much higher yield because as above so below.

Remember to take into account how Snow Tracks will produce a small number male flowers in late bloom.

:eek:

Otishertz

:osmiley: You in? ;  November 26th, 2009, 11:18 AM      #34

Hey XXXXXXXX, good to see you. Are you in for a Bud Bomb?
:thumbsup2:

Otishertz

:osmiley: Otishertz Bud Bomb List ;  November 26th, 2009, 12:52 PM      #38

Otishertz Bud Bomb List

17 more places available!

{List Redacted}

Otishertz

:osmiley: You came to the right place ;  November 26th, 2009, 03:11 PM      #45

Hi XXXXXXXX,

You get on the list by coming here and saying you want to get a donation. If I thank you then you are on the list. You are now on the list. I originally posted in the med request forum but people can't respond in there so that post was duplicated here in the green room.

Otishertz

:osmiley: 12 left! ;  November 26th, 2009, 09:40 PM      #50

The list is at 28. There are 12 more donations left. To claim one just say you want one - after reading the post to make sure you can pick up. I will thank you to let you know you are on the list.

:thumbsup2:

Edit: Make that 11 left.

Otishertz

:osmiley: The list so far ;  November 27th, 2009, 08:05 AM      #54

Otishertz Bud Bomb List

9 more donations available! :eek:

{List Redacted}

Otishertz

:osmiley: The XXXXXXXXXXs ;  November 27th, 2009, 12:26 PM      #65

You and Mr. XXXXXXXXX are on the list. No worries!

Best Regards,

otis

Edit: 2 more available!

Otishertz

:osmiley: Try my product! ;  November 27th, 2009, 12:40 PM      #67

What's a guy gotta do to give away some free weed up in here?

VIDEO PROFESSOR CONFESSOR - video remix

Otishertz

:osmiley: The list is now Full ;  November 27th, 2009, 12:52 PM      #70

The list is now full. Time for a bike ride!

Otishertz

:osmiley: Message in a bottle ;  November 27th, 2009, 12:59 PM      #72

I didn't know how this experiment would turn out but figured can't go wrong giving away delicious buds to a group of cardholders. I like the way the thank you became reversed and I was thanking people for accepting my donation. That gets to the heart of it. This was a message in a bottle. Thank you.

Glad I tried this while BB was closed because the volunteers would like to strangle me by now for all the confusion and phone calls this Bud Bomb would have caused. I figured there would only be locals and people apart from their loved ones on OGF during Thanksgiving. It was a blessing in disguise being able to work out the kinks with only a keyboard.

Next time I will say this first:

Read the entire post before you do anything. There are 40 donations. To get on the list reply below with these words, "Sguiqqly Wawa." I will thank you to indicate you made the cut.

Perhaps an infomercial explaining things ahead of time is in order. Any creatives among us like to get together and make a youtube infomercial for free medical grade cannabis? - "Try my product -Squiggly Wawa!" I already have a GOrilla costume.

The main thing now is that everyone is on the list who is supposed to be on the list. The list came from this thread so if you notice an error or omission please let me know. Also, if you don't want this donation then gift it to someone and let me know who so I can change the list. Any unclaimed donations at 4pm Tuesday go to the volunteers. No layaway and there are no extras.

You may pick up your donation from BB between 12pm Monday and 4pm Tuesday. Please make it as simple as possible for the volunteers by bringing your questions to me, preferably in this thread. They will have no information that is not already in this thread.

Also, OGF requests you close any outstanding med request if you accept this offer.

Best to all,

otis

Otishertz Bud Bomb List

* This is the final list. Please check for your name if you are expecting a donation.

1. Read the entire post before you do anything. There are 40 donations. To get on the list reply below with these words,

Otishertz

:osmiley: Already over ;  November 27th, 2009, 01:13 PM      #74

It just ended. Sorry you missed it. Happy Weekend!

Otishertz

:osmiley: This Donation ended yesterday. ;  November 28th, 2009, 10:48 PM      #80

This Donation ended yesterday. Don't want to give the impression this is still happening. I answered XXXXXXXXXs med request separately from this by PM yesterday.

Otishertz

:osmiley: Green Xploder ;  November 30th, 2009, 05:03 PM      #95

The design came from an 18 year old doodle.

I took the old doodles from my college notes before throwing them away a few years ago and began reworking the doodles. The design on the cap is one continuous line called green xploder. I blew it up, colored it, and put it on a background that produces the optical illusion of curved lines and expansion. The straight magenta lines are supposed to appear curved. I used GIMP which is an open source sort of photoshop to further alter it and add text.

I guess I was subconsciously drawing myself because I have an injury everywhere the figure is disfigured. I think my crude art talks to me. Looking back through these doodles I can clearly identify three women of my life even though the doodles were drawn before I met them. There were a few jars that got out with a different design of a naked lady that was one of these premonition drawings. The doodle became an unfinished oil painting, it was accurate down to hair color, eye size,and body. It spooks me.

I called her Phosphorescent Bitch and altered it many times. Under the layers of paint she was once backdiving into an empty pool and falling off a building. Now she has been photoshopped (GIMPed) with digital layers that include a gas mask, boxing gloves, and a cannabis leaf for pubes. Under that sticker is another sticker with only a gas mask.

The idea of layers in art is appealing because life comes in layers. It doesn't matter to me if things are ever finished. What matters to me is that I keep up my dialogue with myself and keep adding layers to my art. I'm fairly certain I will alter these designs until they are not recognizable. With layers the original doodle can remain beneath the visible image like an embedded baby picture or a seed. The art then lives on its own as a story.

Here is where you can get a windows installer for this free program:

http://www.gimp.org/windows/

Otishertz

:osmiley: Faststone image viewer ;  November 30th, 2009, 05:28 PM      #96

Here is an excellent free image viewer that also has lots of useful image editing tools:

http://download.cnet.com/FastStone-I...html?tag=mncol

Otishertz

:osmiley: Pass it on ;  November 30th, 2009, 08:20 PM      #99

Thanks,

I guess we are not really random strangers. Strangers maybe but not random. We all have a common reason for being here and a state permit attesting to our medical need. Not only that, our program requires us to give freely without conditions. We cannot accept money and even explicit trades are disallowed. This way of open donation is a manifestation of the program.

I hope that others will do their own Bud Bombs.

Growers can't take money for meds but they can build a reputation. Reputation is akin to brand. A brand built in advance of dispensaries could be a valuable thing. This thread got a lot of attention for less than $100 and four jars of buds.

Dispensaries are going to have to fill their shelves with something. It is intentional these donations look like something that might be stocked on a shelf. If there are dispensary shelves one day to stock I hope to get some shelf space. I hope that I share those shelves with other OGFers. It is the members of this community who should own the industry.

I do not think this admission of my future expectations in any way dilutes my personal reasons for doing this or how probably someone who really needed this got it without having to beg. The reasons compliment eachother. It goes without saying that free meds for cardholders makes them feel good. The gain for a grower is you can build a brand that will compensate you later if things change along the lines of our hopes.

I hope our growers organize donation campaigns. I only have been growing since June with two 5x5 tents in an apartment. Imagine what someone with four cards and a good reputation could do not only to build a brand but to fill med requests.

There are already ways in place here at OGF for OGF growers to build brands like contributing knowledge in the threads and contests. This that I did is another way. Others will surely come later with big money to force corporatized brands on people. Hell I can foresee a day when mainstream drugstores corner the dispensary business. It would be seriously no big surprise. Brands can survive. We as a community can gain advantage in any future industry by building our brands. We can hack our own community for our own benefit.

Anyone who wishes may take these ideas and run with them. I think this could be a net gain for all involved. I see the possibility for many brands to come out of this. A union could come out of this. A change in public sentiment could come out of this. Possibly some unforeseen bad things could even come out of this. Maybe it could somehow even help the push for dispensaries by putting our meds in packaging.

I want to encourage debate now about this approach and the merit of the idea of using donations to build brand now in anticipation it could possibly be monetized later if our dreams come true. I'd like to turn this forum over to those who have opinions about what I did so they can express them. I am very curious to here what people think about my experiment.

Muaaahahahaha!

Otishertz

:osmiley:               November 30th, 2009, 09:26 PM      #104

XXXXXX, I'll match that five ounces!

You are welcome to join me in less than three weeks for a Christmas Bud Bomb. You could supply your own art to me for your own caps.

Any serious reputable grower is welcome to join my Xmas open donation with their pride and joy. I can make different caps for everyone and provide the jars. I'd have to get with you about the cost. The turnaround for jars and caps is about a week so you have about a week from now to join and supply art.

We could do this one together and perhaps some would continue with their own packaging and bombs. We could also have a questionnaire online to mine the recipients for info on alleviated ailment by strain and other stuff that matters. They could also rate the strains.

:ohmy:

:astro:

Otishertz

:gsmile: Big compliment ;  November 30th, 2009, 09:39 PM      #107

XXXXX,

I take that as a huge compliment and I'm sure whoever came up with that strain would too.

You should put it in one of those catnip balls and string it around your husband's neck to see what he does! :ohmy:

Otishertz

:gsmile: Cap design ;  November 30th, 2009, 10:09 PM      #109

Give them time. It's a lot to digest.

I found some good royalty free circular art. Aliens never enforce copyright.

:astro:

Crop circles