Main Menu

Otishertz Bean Bomb!

Started by Otishertz, October 13, 2011, 02:19:38 PM

goodjuju

Hello Otis,  I  would like to join your "Crop Circle Club" &  recieve a bean bomb. My NGF name is Juju also many good wishes & thank you. :rubyslippers:  good juju

bootstrapbabe

Crop Circle Club :) Bootstrapbabe

Andrew

Andrew @ OGF
Crop Circle Club

luni415

luni415 from OGF here. I would love to be a member of the "Crop Circle Club"!

brandon

Hey "Crop Circle Club" id love me some seeds to start. i have always wanted to watch the symmetrical growth! My OGF name is Brandon

Mikel

Sunpirates does not have transportation.. he has asked me to pickup his beans from OGF.. is that ok? Also willing to pickup for others near me (Willamette Valley) if needed and if thats ok.

lostenspace

hello otis,  I appreciate what you're doing and would love to participate.  my OGF name is lostenspacecadet.  Thanks!

Otishertz

Quote from: Mikel on October 26, 2011, 07:45:04 PM
Sunpirates does not have transportation.. he has asked me to pickup his beans from OGF.. is that ok? Also willing to pickup for others near me (Willamette Valley) if needed and if thats ok.

Thanks for offering to pick up for others. If Sunpirates gets on the list here I will send a seed pack to OGF in his name. OGF will take it from there. They are under no obligation to do special delivery but probably will be happy to help members with this if you ask.

RDDPL

:) Howdy --- not sure why I'm not authorized ??? I am on NGF --- help me figure it out please!

bluetrane

hi this is Bluetrane....i want to be in the crop circle club please thanks.

bluetrane

hi this is Bluetrane id like to be in the crop circle club...ogf....thanks

Otishertz

Quote from: RDDPL on October 27, 2011, 09:50:55 PM
:) Howdy --- not sure why I'm not authorized ??? I am on NGF --- help me figure it out please!

You have to say where to deliver in this thread.

Otishertz

Each pack has at least five seeds per variety. 12 varieties per pack. 40 total seed packs available. The list will close when 40 have signed up. Currently, 30-33 have reserved Seed Pack 1. Next month there will be another donation of different seeds.

Please check that your name is in the correct list below and request any changes in this thread.

Otishertz

Bean Bomb List 1

OGF Bean Bomb List 1

> Delivery October 31 <

1.greenpaw  
2.Mikel  
3.Diabolique  
4.ibanezjoe33  
5.russianblue72  
6.betrayer  
7.cannachuck  
8.Iyssac  
9.TechnicolorAmoeba    
10.sunpirates  
11.couchlock    
12.Slug2468   = Hermit44
13.cirric    
14.WiseFemme
15.unionguy
16.tbone   = superchef007
17.Andrew
18.luni415
19.brandon

TigersBlood

I'd love to be part of the crop circle club!!! Sign me up to pickup from OGF main! Thanks Otis, you're top notch!

lostenspace

Quote from: lostenspace on October 26, 2011, 09:44:30 PM
hello otis,  I appreciate what you're doing and would love to participate.  my OGF name is lostenspacecadet.  Thanks!

Thank you for allowing me to participate in this community based opportunity.  Are you wanting us to document here on Otis gardens and will there be a selected forum topic to post these phenotypes?  Are there certain attributes that you are wanting in particular also?  

thanks

Otishertz

Quote from: lostenspace on October 28, 2011, 04:11:37 PM

Thank you for allowing me to participate in this community based opportunity.  Are you wanting us to document here on Otis gardens and will there be a selected forum topic to post these phenotypes?  Are there certain attributes that you are wanting in particular also?  

thanks

Otisgardens web site will be maintained for us to share and disseminate the strains and information about them for as long as possible. Still, always a good idea to save on your computer any web pages from here that you want to keep.

Mostly look for what you like, what smells good to you. Odds are if it looks good and smells good to you then it also will to others. Ask friends to help smell. The difference between noses is surprising. You may find a plant you love and everyone hates or vice versa. The ultimate goal here is sync with a plant, grow your own cure, then share it. Two plants that did not make it into my lineup were AK-47 and Jack Herer. I lost those. If anyone can introduce those genes to the pool I would appreciate it.

General vigor,  early trichome formation, large bud size, and good smell are the first things to select. Then look for bud size. You can rub stems with fingers to get an early indication of smell. With males this is the only smell test. Bud smell gives a good indication of the finished product but no smell is sure until the dried buds have cured for a month. Stronger smelling plants cure better. Strong smells generally come through as flavors. Smells can change substantially through curing. Potency and effect are unknown until the plant is smoked.

Keep notes on your observations. They add up and are indispensable for making calls on which plants to cull or keep. Blue painters tape makes the best labels. Blue tape can get wet and is removable like a post-it note so it can travel from little to big pot. Keep a sharpie marker nearby and put your notes right on the tape. Labeling is the one thing you Do Not want to get wrong. Incorrect labeling can screw everything up.

Might as well also mention that without a pest control plan you are likely going to fail. I have not emphasized this enough in the past. Have at least neem oil and insecticidal soap on hand as a first line of defense. As soon as you see any bug you have to spray. Cheap pressurized sprayers are useful. Use of a respirator highly recommended. Use a fogger if you are sensitive or your garden is large. I use neem and soap in combination at 95% neem with a little soap as a surfactant. Also use straight soap but it is harsher on new plants. You can wash the soap off after a few minutes if you like. It works on contact. Be on the lookout for little yellow dots on leaves that are the telltale sign of the dreaded spider mite. You must address those little yellow dots immediately or you will lose everything. Mites love pot and grow rooms.

Avid works as a preventative for insects and a cure. Use it or something similar if neem and soap do not work or if your problem has advanced to infestation stage. I think Azamax is similar if you can't get Avid. Procure works well for powdery mildew and bud rot as a preventative. Oregon's wet climate necessitates a preventative dose of fungicide before blooming. If you ever have mold or PM buy three more fans. You have an air flow problem. Preventatives are used only in veg, never in flower.

Concentrated hydrogen peroxide is the only thing you can safely use on blooming plants that have bud rot or PM. It is sold as Oxidate, works very well, and leaves no trace. It is a very good idea to spray blooming plants with Oxidate in their fourth or fifth week of bloom to avoid finding hidden bud rot at the trimming table. Worth saying that sulfur burners can be used to treat PM in bloom. They should not be used within 30 days of using neem or with wet leaves. Most fungicides work by raising the leaf pH. In fact, milk at 7 to 1 will work like that as a fungicide. Hydrogen peroxide doesn't work by raising pH. It oxidizes and destroys the mold or mildew, which fizzes off into the atmosphere. Peroxide is the only thing I want on my plants in flower.

Another thing while I'm thinking about it. The easiest way to open zip locks is slide your fingers horizontally in opposite directions while pinching the zipper. Pulling the zipper can break the bag and send seeds flying everywhere.

Bonzer

::)  Hi Otis!  Please include me for a Bean Bomb!   

Bonzer

::)

Guess I should have told ya... I'm Bonzer on OGF as well....   

Bonzer...    lol

RDDPL

Hi, we would love to get some seeds...
RDDPL of NGF
Hope this is how it works.???
Thank you

ORtransplant

Hey Otis I would love to join the Crop Circle Club! I'm an OGF'er for life - ORtransplant :)  If it's not too late. Thanks!!

Otishertz

Quote from: ORtransplant on October 29, 2011, 06:01:45 PM
Hey Otis I would love to join the Crop Circle Club! I'm an OGF'er for life - ORtransplant :)  If it's not too late. Thanks!!

You are in. By my reckoning we are at 33-36 on the list out of forty total depending on whether or not the three who did not say which club come back and do that.

bootstrapbabe

Quote from: bootstrapbabe on October 25, 2011, 02:04:32 PM
Crop Circle Club :) Bootstrapbabe

MY OGF name is Bootstrapbabe and I can pickup at OGF Main. Thanks!

Otishertz

There are about five packs left. Seeds will be available for one week starting tomorrow at OGF and NGF. Unclaimed seeds go to the volunteers after one week.

Otishertz

Bean Bomb List 1

* Please check that your name is on the correct list below and request any changes in this thread.

OGF Bean Bomb List 1

> Delivery October 31 <

1.greenpaw  
2.Mikel  
3.Diabolique  
4.ibanezjoe33  
5.russianblue72  
6.betrayer  
7.cannachuck  
8.Iyssac  
9.TechnicolorAmoeba    
10.sunpirates  
11.couchlock    
12.Slug2468   = Hermit44
13.cirric    
14.WiseFemme
15.unionguy
16.tbone   = superchef007
17.Andrew
18.luni415
19.brandon

freedomrider

Hey Otis... I'm Freedomrider @ NGF and I wanna join the

Pontoona

Pontoona from ogf here and I too want to join the amazing "crop circle club"

lefty

lefty from ngf hoping I am doing this right

Otishertz

Otishertz Bean Bomb 1

Final List

:bomb:

OGF Bean Bomb List 1

> Delivery October 31 <

1.Andrew
2.betrayer  
3.bluetrane
4.Bonzer
5.bootstrapbabe
6.brandon

Otishertz

The seeds you requested can be picked up today at the club you specified. Final lists are above and the thread is now closed. After one week any unclaimed donations go to the volunteers.

If you missed this one, Bean Bomb 2 list is starting here:

http://otisgardens.com/forum/index.php?topic=120.msg768#msg768

Bean Bomb 2 is open to all OMMP cardholders, first come first served. Thank you for trying my seeds.

Enjoy,

Otis

Bean Bomb 2 seeds: