Main Menu

Otishertz Bean Bomb!

Started by Otishertz, October 13, 2011, 02:19:38 PM

Otishertz

Otishertz Bean Bomb

I just grew 80,000 seeds but the law limits me to 24 plants maximum. OMMP patients like me cannot legally buy seeds in Oregon and breeders can't sell. Buying or sending seeds or clones through the mail is a Federal Offense. Sales are illegal. Pretty much unanimous advice in the forums is do not buy seeds.

Winning plants and promising phenotypes are discovered by visual observation. It takes thousands of plants to lock down traits. OMMP gardeners cannot legally attain the necessary plant counts to evaluate thousands of plants with one pair of eyes. Another way is to increase the number of eyes.

Seeds are available free of charge to verified OMMP patients through OGF or NGF. No other people can participate. To get on the list read the rules below and follow the directions. You must state the verified name you use at OGF or NGF.  A delivery date will be arranged after enough verified people get on the list. Seeds have to be picked up in person. Each seed pack will have around thirty assorted seeds from at least five different crosses of the total 24 available crosses, maybe more depending on demand. A chart of baggie colors matched to strain ID will be posted in this thread before delivery

A list of recipients will be posted as it fills. You are not on the list until you see your name. If you tried but are not on the list something from the rules was probably missing in your reply like which club will do your verification and what name is verified there. Ask questions in the thread here. Please do not request personal replies.

Bombing the seeds away is a natural progression of the charity already done with these plants. The strains used in these crosses came to me for free through sharing and serendipity. No money was spent or taken for any of these seeds, plants, or buds. Enjoy!

The full story of the seeds is here:

www.otisgardens.com/forum/index.php?topic=56.msg694;topicseen#new

This works like a Bud Bomb:

www.otisgardens.com/forum/index.php?topic=109.0

[move]Bean Bomb!               Bean Bomb!               Bean Bomb!               Bean Bomb!               Bean Bomb!               Bean Bomb!               Bean Bomb!               Bean Bomb!               Bean Bomb!              Bean Bomb!           America, Fuck Yeah!            Bean Bomb!              Bean Bomb!               [/move]

Seeds Pledged

RULEZ:

1. Come here for updates and questions. No questions by PM. Other people have the same question. Do not call NGF or OGF for more information. All the information is here. Subscribe to the thread for updates.

2. This donation list is only for Oregon OMMP cardholders that are current verified members of NGF and OGF.

3. Names are taken only from this thread. For verification and delivery purposes you must state your valid OGF or NGF name when responding.

4. No special requests, no special delivery.

5. One pack per valid OGF or NGF name.

6. You own the phenotype you find. You name it. You agree that you will reference the Otis crosses or the genetic description of these seeds in the name you give your plant. DOG8, DC1, and LSD3 are already named Marla7, Rosie7, and Marigirl. Marla is sweeter, Rosie is spicier, Marigirl is just right.

7. To get on the list agree to the rules by typing or pasting these words, "Crop Circle Club," somewhere in a reply below.

8. Any unclaimed donations go to the volunteers one week after delivery.

Otishertz

Why Bean Bomb?

OMMP cardholders legally can give each other seeds all day but not sell a one. Even reasonable trades are a legal gray area. People somehow get them anyway otherwise there would be no plants. Brand name seeds are available and swapped in Oregon among friends and networks of friends. New patients usually ask about seeds when getting their cards only to find that they aren't really available until you know someone. People still want seeds because they are useful, durable and portable. Maintaining a perpetually plugged in secret garden of clones is not necessary if you have seeds. A half teaspoon of good seeds means you can garden at any time. Keeping clones means you have to garden all the time.

The Oregon medical community relies on the spontaneous appearance of free clones instead of seeds. Compared to seeds it makes more sense to work from clones of tested strains for ease, reliability, uniformity and yield.  Every imaginable good clone is around Portland through friends connecting on internet forums. Who you know  influences availability. In the absence of money, reputation is currency.

Seeds are condensed forms of individual living plants. They are different from clones. Each clone is an exact copy while each seed is unique. Clones do not vary because they are all the same exact plant. Variation is found even among seeds of strains with stabilized traits. Unstabilized seeds vary more. Clones do not need to be stabilized as they are already exact copies. The possible variations created by new crosses are unknown until explored.  Any unstabilized cross can potentially produce a winning clone or classic strain that never needs stabilizing provided it is kept by enough gardeners. Broadly dispersed clones get to be all ages simultaneously by living way beyond their usual brief three to five month life span. To gain extra lives they can seduce minds even threatened by prison.  A healthy, virus free clone can maintain vigor and potency for decades, getting wiser like an immortal.  

Tens of thousands of seed plants are required to lock down traits by observation and find top shelf clones worthy of further refinement. Observations of phenotype frequency are statistically meaningful only when large sample sizes are used. Proper breeding requires plant counts be high enough for random chance to be overcome and meaningful margins of error achieved. Without luck it takes a million plants to find that one in a million plant. There is no sound botanical way to efficiently sort through 80,000 seeds 24 at a time. A different approach is needed.

Winning plants and promising phenotypes are discovered by visual observation. OMMP gardeners cannot legally attain the necessary plant counts to evaluate thousands of plants with one pair of eyes. Another way is to increase the number of eyes. Since our eyes can legally see only 24 plants at a time we can overcomes the impossibility of any individual having the plant counts needed for efficient and effective breeding by spreading the seeds around and letting selection happen spontaneously among strangers. Donating thousands of seeds might open source selection of these early crosses by enlisting thousands of eyes.

The plants in these crosses were selected by hundreds, if not thousands, of serious medical smokers in Oregon over years. OMMP patients independently identified these ones as useful, potent, fragrant, and tasty enough to have cloned and shared them. Selection occurred by word of mouth, on online forums, at OGF exchanges at Big Blue, feedback from bud bombs, and at the 2010 OGF Harvest Festival which had blind tests by 120 judges from all over Oregon. Snowtracks, Vortex, and Alaskan took first, second and third at that fest. These plants represent a snapshot of the best that were circulating near me in 2010. There is high potential for finding a medically useful plant among the seeds.

The Vortex, Alaskan, Chad's Alaskan, and Blackberry Kush mothers were cloned many times and sent around. People ask for them back when they lose them. The F1 Snowtracks crosses DC1, LSD3, DOG8, and DOG9 were selected by me and bloomed twice. DOG8, DC1, and LSD3 are already named Marla7, Rosie7, and Marigirl. Marla is sweeter, Rosie is spicier, Marigirl is just right. They are potent with fat buds. All have a hint of Snowtracks smell. They are also being bloomed right now by OGF and NGF gardeners who will say whatever they wish about them on forums. If they are good or helpful they will stick around based on their own merits. I will keep cloning them for now.

A pinch of these seeds and some selection is enough for a gardener to get self sufficient. Use these seeds to find good clones. Expect one to three keepers from popping and sorting 30 seeds. Seeds should be half male. If sexing all at once, that crop will likely get seeded. All of the seeded females will have useable meds but culling stringy ones early will give fat bud plants more room and improve overall results. Observe bud size of first crop then use for hash or tincture. If plant counts allow, plan to cull early and start over with female clones right after sexing. To have clones ready to go in May for the Summer you should pop these in December or January to allow time for observation and selection. Clone the best plants at the first pruning around 7 or eight nodes. Work off the top apical cut.

Look for early trichome production, vigor, smell, and bell shaped buds. Bloom only sexually mature plants that have begun alternating nodes. Eliminate hermaphrodites. Cannabis takes a month or two to cure and reveal its true aroma. Several people must try a strain before it can be called good but if it looks good and smells good it will probably be good. Share keepers only after blooming twice yourself. If you find a winner name it as your own. That unique plant would not exist without you. Exceptional plants will stand out over time. Back crosses can be attempted in the future if forums record the contributions, genealogy, and experiences of gardeners.

The F1 seeds (first crosses V, A, CA, BBK) should have less variation than the F2 seeds (DC1, LSD3, DOG8, DOG9) which will show more phenotypes. The Vortex F2 seeds are not available. I am throwing them away after considering the effect on the future livelihood of Subcool who gave the seeds for free to our medical community. Many people have enjoyed Vortex. Thanks to him for providing it. Subby owns Vortex on Vortex. I ran with the plants on hand. If I had waited to start growing until I knew everything I would have never grown a plant. At some point you run with the ideas already in your head. Who knows about tomorrow.  

Bombing the seeds away is a natural progression of the charity already done with these plants. The strains used in these crosses came to me for free through sharing and serendipity. No money was spent or taken for any of these seeds, plants, or buds. There are many seeds. If you are seeing this check the Bean Bomb thread to see if free seeds are still available.

Enjoy!

:sa:

Otishertz

greenpaw

Over at OGF im known as Greenpaw I wanna Join the

ktkat

I would love to be a member of the Crop Circle Club.  I'm ktkat at NGF.  TYVM.

Otishertz

Taterkids

BY GOD !!!!!
I want to join the crop circle club....Me and Mrs. taterkids want to thank you.

Mikel

Hello.. Mikel from OGF would like some beanz pleeze..  ;D

Vape Mistress

Diabolique here from OGF

Crop, club, circle,

Love your Bombs!  Beans Please!

Vape Mistress

Quote from: Diabolique on October 17, 2011, 05:42:25 PM
Diabolique here from OGF

Crop circle club, I want to join in

Love your Bombs!  Beans Please!

Laundrymatshower

Laundrymatshower here at ngf im saying crop circle club

ibanezjoe33

otis dude your awesome I love seeds "crop circle club" and thanks

ibanezjoe33

Sry I got so exited I forgot im OGF...

russianblue72

Hey, Otis...I am an OGF'er and would LOVE to be part of the Crop Circle Club!

Thanks!!

Russianblue72

Mikel

Oh yea.. Crop Circle Club.. would love to get some beenz.. Mikel from OGF. Thanks Otis.

betrayer

Ogf'er here. 

never heard of such a thing, its brilliant, great way to produce and test new strains...

im in...

Crop Circle Club, sounds fun... 

cannachuck

I'm cannachuck from OGF and I would love to join your "crop cirlce club" you the man.  Thanks so much

Iyssac

HI Otiz,
I could use some bean and join the circle. OGF name is Iyssac
Thank you

Eagle

Wasn't the Crop Circle Club started by Mel Gibson?  Anyway I want to start my own crop circle of plants.

Thank Otis your the greatest.  I can be found at NGF as a year member.

Eagle

TechnicolorAmoeba

fellow ogf member here (same user name) would like to join the crop circle club :)

sunpirates

Hello, Sunpirates here from OGF... crop circle club...  ;)

cannachuck

I'm cannachuck from OGF and I would like to join the crop circle club. Thanks

couchlock

"Crop Circle Club" Bean bomb me brah! couchlock@OGF Peace!

TOAD427

Crop Circle Club 4 TOAD427 @ NGF

thanks OtisHertz

rosecitylady

Crop Circle Club, yes! I'm rosecitylady from NGF

Thank you!!

Vape Mistress

Diaolique from OGF here, I want to join your crop circle club Otis,
Bean me up!

Slug2468

Crop Circle Club, my name is Hermit44 on OGF. Thanks!!!

Shabad

~Warm joyful wishes~

Ya this is a good idea. Count me in via NGF, crop circle sounds fun.

Sat Nam
(truth is the Name)

Laundrymatshower

Crop circle club! Im with ngf and loving it

RDDPL

Would love some seeds...... Thank you!

Otishertz

Otishertz
>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<
Bean Bomb List 1

Dear OG Member,

Thank you for trying my seeds. Seeds will be available at OGF and NGF for the week beginning October 31. Unclaimed seeds go to the volunteers after one week. Will send a reminder by PM. Please check that your name is in the correct list below and make any changes in the thread at:

These people have not yet provided a verified NGF or OGF name.

1.   Sower
2.   Taterkids
3.   unionguy
4.   RDDPL

OGF Bean Bomb List 1

> Delivery October 31 <

1.   greenpaw  
2.   Mikel  
3.   Diabolique  
4.   ibanezjoe33  
5.   russianblue72  
6.   betrayer  
7.   cannachuck  
8.   Iyssac  
9.   TechnicolorAmoeba    
10.  sunpirates  
11.  couchlock    
12.  Slug2468    Hermit44  @  OGF
13.  cirric    

NGF Bean Bomb List 1

> Delivery October 31 <

1.   ktkat  
2.   Laundrymatshower  
3.   Eagle    
4.   TOAD427    
5.   rosecitylady    
6.   Shabad    
7.  :ninja:

Rock on my brothers and sisters,

Otis

Twosie

Holy Cow!  Thanks Otis!  'Twosie' here, and I'd love to join your "Crop Circle Club" also!  Thank you!

Twosie

Thanks Otis!  "Twosie" here, and I'd love to join your 'Crop Circle Club'.  Not sure if I posted correctly a few minutes ago?   :-[

WiseFemme

Me, too! Wanta join the Crop Circle Club...from ogf.
Thanks a million!!!

unionguy

Unionguy here from OGF. Sorry i did not state that info.. Good Day.

tbone

Howdy Otis, I would like to join the crop circle club and get a bean bomb, I am superchef007 on ogf.